If you’ve been injured in an accident, you are likely wondering what to do next. Where should you seek prompt medical treatment? How should you communicate with your insurance company? What steps should you take to make sure you get reimbursed for your expenses such as car repairs and medical bills? How do you ensure you’re getting the compensation you deserve to pay for your injuries and wages lost?
Insurance companies have teams of lawyers and adjusters on retainer looking after their own bottom line. So should you. That’s why it’s so important to even the playing field by recruiting an experienced Rhode Island personal injury lawyer on your side. Still not sure about hiring legal representation? Here are some reasons why you should consult with a lawyer in order to ensure the optimal outcome of your personal injury claim in RI or MA.
How An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Can Help Your Case
- Assist with an optimal outcome: An experienced lawyer will know the ins and outs of each aspect of your case and thus make sure you get the money you are entitled to. There are a huge range of personal injury lawsuits, and dealing with your accident is difficult enough- it’s unlikely you have the time or experience to thoroughly research the situation and find out what you deserve.
- Navigating the legal system: The legal system is extremely convoluted and requires years of study to understand the procedures, timelines, and requirements for each individual case. At Tapalian Law, Attorney David Tapalian and his injury team are intimately familiar with the court procedures, statutes, judges, and appellate rulings that impact your case in Rhode Island, and assist you with navigating each step of the process. They will guide you through your compensation claim so you know how to best proceed.
- Expectations for compensation: It’s a personal injury lawyer’s job to know exactly what damages you are able to recover from your specific case so you don’t miss out on compensation for pain and suffering or missed pay that you may be entitled to. They will fight to make sure you are offered a fair settlement commensurate with your injuries.
- Filing the right paperwork at the right time: One of the most critical tasks after an accident is to obtain all the right papers and file them on time. Missing a deadline can mean losing your chance to seek compensation. Your legal team will help you gather all of the necessary documents, thoroughly evaluate them, and make sure you have all the paperwork necessary to demonstrate your medical treatment as well as ensure its filed on a timely basis.
- Getting a fair settlement: Remember how insurance companies are always looking out for their bottom line? Your accident attorney will look out for you and make sure insurers are not lowballing you with the settlement. They will know exactly how much you should be getting in your individual situation and negotiate with the insurance company to get what you deserve.
- Contingency fee basis means you don’t pay unless you win: If you’re wondering whether or not you can afford a personal injury lawyer, rest assured that they are motivated to win your case because they don’t get paid unless you get paid! At Tapalian Law, our Rhode Island personal injury firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our fee comes out of the sum you win from your settlement. If we don’t win your case, we don’t get paid.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Rhode Island Today
If you were injured in any type of motor vehicle accident– car, truck, motorcycle, or hurt in a workplace accident, by a missed medical diagnosis or other harm, consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to protect your legal rights and ensure the optimal outcome for your case. Attorney David Tapalian has successfully helped hundreds of clients throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Florida for over 20 years. Call Tapalian Law’s Providence RI office at 401-552-5000, or book your free consultation online to discuss how we can help you. Our skilled legal team is available 24/7 including evenings and weekends to discuss your claim and answer your questions or concerns.