Brain Injuries from Car Accidents
The impact of a serious car crash often causes serious brain injuries. When the victim’s head comes in contact with an object like a steering wheel or window, the trauma to the head can be disastrous, and a traumatic brain injury may ensue. More than 50% of all reported brain injuries result from car accidents. Some brain injuries are not able to be objectively identified through CT scans or even MRIs. In those situations, it is even more crucial to have the proper medical professionals and legal representation, in order to prove that your brain injury was causally related to the car accident. Rhode Island is fortunate to be the home of the Brain Injury Association of Rhode Island. The Brain Injury Association is focused upon the increased awareness of treating, preventing and learning how to live with traumatic brain injuries and is an excellent resource for anyone suffering form a brain injury.Types of Brain Injuries
Due to the potential severity of car accidents, it is possible for victims to suffer from a traumatic brain injury simply even if the victim’s head did not strike a hard object such as a dashboard, windshield or steel. Significant brain injuries can result from a car accident even when we strike our head upon headrest. This happens when the moving head is jolted to a stop suddenly, but the brain continues its movement, striking the inside of the skull. The situation can be far more detrimental if the victim’s head comes in contact with an object, such as a steering wheel or a window. However, not all brain injuries due to car accidents are the same, and in fact some are far more serious than others. Having served as Brain Injuries from Car Accidents accident lawyer in Rhode Island for over two decades, Attorney Tapalian has seen some of the most devastating car accident injuries. Below, we have highlighted some of the most common brain injuries that can result from car collisions as detailed by medical experts.
- Hematoma: this brain injury is a blood clot that can form as a result of a blood vessel rupturing. These serious brain injuries may be minor or can continue to grow and eventually compress the brain, causing severe damage depending on where the hematoma is located. These clots can occur either from the impact of the accident or from the contact of hitting something
- Concussion: one of the most common types of injuries caused by a car accident is a concussion. A concussion is when the sudden impact to the skull forces the brain and the skull to collide. The ensuing impact within the head can cause significant decrease in cognitive abilities. Though a concussion may be considered a mild brain injury, if not properly treated it can result in significant long-term cognitive deficiencies.
- Contusion: this brain injury is caused by an impact to the head. It constitutes a bruise to a specific area of the brain. This can result if you are hit from the side by another car, causing your head to collide with your side window, or if you are hit head on and hit either your windshield or the steering wheel. Brain Injuries from Car Accidents lawyer David Tapalian has seen many victims of this type of injury suffer from severe physical issues and even after surgery many are unable to return to their normal lifestyles.
- Brain Hemorrhage: this brain injury occurs when blood flows into the space that surrounds the brain due to small arteries tearing from the impact of a car crash. The blood spreads all over the surface of the brain and can have excruciatingly detrimental affects. These brain injuries often occur when shattered glass comes in contact with the head.
- Diffuse axonal injury: these brain injuries happen when the brain is moved quickly back and forth inside the skull. This rapid motion can cause serious damage to the nerve axons and can disrupt normal brain transmissions and can impair your processing abilities.
If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury as a result of a negligent driver, experienced Brain Injuries from Car Accidents Attorney David Tapalian can help you recover compensation for your injuries. Instead of struggling to pay your medical expenses and worrying about how you will cover your lost wages, contact Tapalian Law today for a free consultation. These injuries are some of the most horrific that a victim can obtain from a car accident, and the damage extends well beyond just the brain. In fact, those who suffer a traumatic brain injury often suffer from impairments of thinking, memory loss, depression, and issues with thinking and feeling sensation. These horrific injuries can alter the course of someone’s life forever. Victims of a traumatic brain injury deserve justice for the horrific damages that the at-fault driver caused.If You Have a Brain Injury due to a Car Accident, Consult Attorney David Tapalian
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious brain injury as a result of a car accident, contact Brain Injuries from Car Accidents Lawyer David Tapalian immediately. The brain is perhaps our most important organ, and a serious injury due to a collision can change your entire life; from memory loss to loss of muscle control, no victim deserves such a serious impairment on their quality of life. As with any type of injury it is imperative that you seek medical treatment immediately. Should you hire Tapalian law for your brain injury, the law firm will be able to assist you with locating suitable medical professionals. Attorney Tapalian will take any steps necessary to help you get justice for the devastating injury that you suffered. Attorney Tapalian has helped thousands of victims of car accidents in Rhode Island and Massachusetts receive the compensation they rightfully deserve after being hurt. David is a trusted Brain Injuries Accident attorney and he and his team of legal professionals are widely trusted in the community for getting victims justice. With a main office in Providence, we are easily accessible for free consultations for anyone in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. If you are unable to travel to us because of your injuries, we will visit you in your home or at the hospital. As with all personal injury claims in Rhode Island, there is a 3-year statute of limitations on filing a car accident claim, and the longer you wait, the harder it will become to receive compensation for your amputation injury. Call Tapalian Law today at 401-552-5000 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.