Spinal Cord Injury
Unlike other types of car accident injuries, the symptoms of a spinal cord injury are not always immediately obvious. Some accident victims don’t experience spinal pain until a few days after the collision. Thus, it is important to be aware of symptoms to look out for after an accident. Some common symptoms that may result in spinal cord issues include:
- intense stinging/numbing sensation
- weakness or in-coordination
- muscle spasms
- difficulty breathing
- loss of ability to feel cold/hot surfaces
- altered sensation or nerve damage
Expertly handling injury claims for over 20 years in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, our personal injury law firm has seen a wide variety of injuries. Due to the sudden, hard impact to the body that is common in a car accident, spinal injuries are a frequent, and unfortunate, result of a serious crash. Below are some of the most common types of auto accidents that lead clients to sustain spinal cord injuries:
- Rear-end collisions: A hard rear-end impact can jerk a driver’s body forward. This violent motion can compress the spine and cause serious damage to your spinal cord.
- T-bone collisions: A side-hit from another car can cause your body to torque in unnatural positions. This impact can cause serious damage to your spinal cord.
- Head-On Collisions: When two vehicles strike each other from opposite directions, the collision can be especially disastrous. The head-on impact of a collision can send your car crashing backwards, jerking your body and injuring your spinal cord.
There are a number of factors that can determine the severity of an accident. Even if the damage to a vehicle is minimal, a driver can still sustain severe injuries based on the location of the hit, or their head placement in the car at the time of the collision. Our personal injury professionals can help you navigate these complex situations.Contact a Rhode Island Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury from a car accident, it may feel like every aspect of your life is affected. At Tapalian Law, we know how difficult an accident can be for you and your family and our dedicated team of legal experts at Tapalian Law wants to help. We will meet for a free review of your situation and create a customized plan to strengthen your claim. Our skilled injury team will then guide you through the steps to receive the compensation you deserve. With offices in Providence, Warwick, and Seekonk, MA, we offer a free consultation. If you are unable to travel to us because of your injuries, we will visit you in your home or at the hospital. As with all personal injury claims in Rhode Island, there is a 3-year statute of limitations on filing a car accident claim, and the longer you wait, the harder it will become to receive compensation for your losses. Call the RI car accidents lawyers at Tapalian Law today at 401-552-5000 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.