Providence Rollover Accident Lawyer
A “rollover” is a type of car crash that, as the name suggests, involves a vehicle rolling and flipping over onto its roof or side. It may flip once, or in some instances, particularly a high-speed impact, the vehicle may roll over multiple times before coming to a stop. Approximately 80% of rollover accidents involve one car- often a result of hitting a stationary object, such as a utility pole, tree, or guardrail. Rollover collisions involving multiple vehicles typically cause more devastating injuries and severe damages.
Although these crashes make up a relatively small percentage, 3%, of total motor vehicle accidents, they are responsible for approximately 1/3 of all traffic accident deaths, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If you or a loved one have been involved in a rollover auto accident in Rhode Island, contact Personal Injury Attorney David Tapalian to ensure you are treated fairly by the insurance companies and receive the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled after your car accident.Frequent Causes of a Rollover
Any type of vehicle can flip over, given the right circumstances. However, top-heavy vehicles, because of their higher center of gravity, have a greater risk of tipping. Tall, narrow vehicles, particularly SUV’s, pickup trucks, and vans, are more susceptible, especially at higher speeds.
- Speeding: At high speeds, certain vehicles, such as SUVs, are more prone to tilt to one side. When this happens, they are susceptible to completely rolling over or falling to the ground on their side. Additionally, when one car is travelling at high speeds and collides with another automobile, the impact can cause the car to rollover and either trap the occupants inside or eject them completely.
- Alcohol: Since drunk drivers lack proper reaction times and cognitive abilities, they are less likely to take the steps necessary to prevent a rollover crash. Not only is an intoxicated driver more likely to hit another vehicle, they are more likely to run into objects off the road such as a utility pole or tree. The same is true for drivers experiencing fatigue.
- Weather & Road Conditions: Slippery and icy roads make it easier to lose control of your vehicle and rollover. Your automobile is also susceptible to tipping if there are road defects such as construction zones and lack of proper signage signifying a dangerous roadway.
Whether you are hurt in a car accident in Providence, Rhode Island or Seekonk, Massachusetts, it’s important to seek assistance from a knowledgeable attorney. With over 20 years of personal injury experience in RI, MA, and FL, rollover accident attorney David Tapalian can help you after your motor vehicle crash. The skilled injury team at Tapalian Law will expertly collect evidence related to your claim, including police reports, witness statements, medical records, surveillance footage, and more, to determine who is at fault for your damages and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.Common Injuries
When a car or truck completely flips over upside-down, roof crush can occur when the weight of the auto crushes the roof back onto the driver and any passengers. Roof crush can trap the those inside and cause serious injuries. Frequent rollover injuries include:
- Head/Neck Injuries: Turned upside down while sitting in their seat, occupants frequently experience crush injuries to the neck and head due to the impact of their bodyweight and the weight of the vehicle. Common injuries include spinal cord damage and traumatic brain injuries.
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Bruises: Broken glass from shattered windows can cause lacerations and loose objects in the car can potentially cause serious bodily harm. Sharp metal and automotive parts can cause further injury. External cuts and scrapes may also be indicative of internal organ damage. In addition, occupants of the vehicle may be thrown out of the car during the impact, dangerously landing on concrete or catapulted into oncoming traffic.
- Limbs: In this type of wreck, there is great potential for arms or legs to be caught underneath, or crushed by, the vehicle. Acute limb injuries may require amputation.
- Sensory Damage. Long term damages like vision and hearing loss are possible following a rollover accident. Certain nervous system injuries may also affect memory and emotional capacity causing difficulties in everyday situations.
Rollover accidents frequently end with the driver and passengers suffering severe injuries, or death. You need a Rhode Island personal injury lawyer representing you who knows exactly the next steps to take to protect your legal rights after a crash. At Tapalian Law, our skilled personal injury team is always accessible- days, nights, and weekends- to answer your questions and address your concerns. Immediately following your auto accident, contact us to discuss your situation, at no cost, and determine what steps to take next for the strongest chance of recovering damages.
Since rollovers commonly result in a wide variety of injuries, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately. Many injuries require immediate ambulance transportation to the hospital. Even if you don’t feel hurt and your only visible injuries appear to be scratches and cuts, it’s imperative to visit the emergency room or a walk-in medical treatment center to ensure you aren’t suffering from more severe injuries, such as internal bleeding or head trauma. In addition to your safety, seeking medical help is critical to your Rhode Island personal injury claim.
If you have lost a family member in an auto accident, and someone else was at fault, your accident attorney can guide you through the process of filing a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for funeral costs, burial expenses, loss of future earnings, and loss of companionship.Tapalian Law Can Help After a Rollover Crash in RI
Following any type of accident or injury, it’s important that you are able to focus on a healthy recovery, not on the financial burdens that follow. After your Rhode Island rollover car accident, let Personal Injury Attorney David Tapalian and the experienced team at Tapalian Law take care of negotiating with the insurance companies and the legal aspects of your injury claim, while you focus on healing. Tapalian Law offers a free consultation to discuss your claim and we’ve successfully helped hundreds of injury victims in RI, MA, and FL receive the compensation they deserve. Call our Providence personal injury office at 401-552-5000 or complete our online contact form.