Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents
When multiple vehicles are involved in an accident, it is not always easy to determine who is at fault. Tapalian Law will work on your behalf to determine fault by working with witnesses, police officials, and possibly accident reconstruction specialists. You can rely on our expertise and network of professionals to do whatever is needed to establish proper fault in your Rhode Island multi vehicle accident and get you the compensation you are entitled to. A multi-vehicle accident might be caused by a chain reaction and involve one or two cars stopping short and evolve into a multiple pileup of vehicles. When several cars are involved, who is at fault? Who is responsible for paying to repair the damage to your vehicle, paying your medical bills, and the wages you lost while out of work? This is no easy feat to determine. However, it is extremely important. You need an experienced RI car accident lawyer to help you.
- If you are in a car accident involving multiple vehicles in RI, the “Comparative Fault” Rule comes into play. The “Comparative Fault” Rule states that if more than one party is at fault, it must be determined what percentage each is at fault for.
- If Car A is found responsible for 80% of the accident, and Car B is found responsible for 20% of the accident- each vehicle will be responsible for that portion of the damages. This rule applies to multi vehicle accidents in RI, no matter what portion of the accident each vehicle is responsible for.
- There is no cap on damages in personal injury or medical malpractice cases in RI. (However, plaintiffs in wrongful death cases may not recover punitive damages in RI)
- The Statute of Limitations is three (3) Years in Rhode Island. There are deadlines to file a lawsuit in your car accident claim. The more time you let pass before consulting a RI car accident lawyer and filing a lawsuit, the more difficult it is to recover damages from a car accident injury. RI has a 3-year statute of limitations.
Accidents involving multiple vehicles are more difficult to determine fault as opposed to a straight forward two car accident. You are dealing with multiple insurance companies that have teams of lawyers protecting the corporation’s interests. Without proper legal representation, how is this a fair fight? It isn’t. So, you need an experienced car accident attorney to help you fight the insurance companies and look out for your rights. Tapalian Law fights these battles daily. Put our experience to work for you.
- People who hire an injury attorney typically get three times the settlement amounts of those who fight insurance companies alone. Tapalian Law will examine the encompassing facts in your car accident case, assess your claim, and determine who is at fault. There will likely be multiple drivers at fault when multiple cars are involved and we will make that determination. Attorney David Tapalian will then create a plan to make certain you have the strongest case possible for your claim.
- If the car accident wasn’t your fault, or not entirely your fault if multiple vehicles were involved, you may be reimbursed for medical bills, property damage (like fixing your car), lost wages, and pain & suffering.
- Even the simplest car accident injury claim can become complicated quickly. Rather than make a mistake that could hurt your chance at recovering compensation, put our experience to work for you.
Whether you are involved in a multi vehicle accident or any type of car accident in Rhode Island, it is important to contact your own car accident lawyer. An experienced car accident attorney will instruct you on the correct procedures to follow when you are involved in a RI car accident Doing or saying the wrong thing after an accident can be construed as evidence of fault. Your personal injury lawyer will help to determine who is at fault by doing an investigation to determine which party, or parties, are at fault. Call Tapalian Law today at 401-552-5000 or contact us online to help with your RI multi-vehicle accident.